Introductory Flight Couse “Pinch Hitter”
The “Pinch Hitter” course – an emergency training for fellow passengers
The training “Pinch Hitter” aims to convey the theoretical and practical knowledge of flying to fellow passengers without pilot-training and in an emergency to put them into position – in case of pilot incapacitation – to take over the control of an aircraft and to land it at the nearest airfield or onto an open field. Furthermore it is even more fun to fly along with a few basic skills of flying because you actively participate in flying and you also may lend a hand to the pilot from time to time.
Fellow passengers, wives / husbands, girlfriends, friends
Anytime by appointment
A medical unobjectionability certificate or even better a medical examination
- Introduction in theoretical basics
- Takeoff and landing
- Meaning and operation of the main instruments
- Radio communication, how to get in contact especially during emergencies
- Observation of the weather
- Fly on predetermined headings and altitudes, and simple turns
- Traffic patterns
We recommend the acquisition of radio communication certificate in German (BZF II).